Welcome to Dead Trees.First and foremost, this site is for anyone in the publishing industry, although it is primarily for self published authors or for those writing their first novel. It is my hope that this will become a community dedicated to helping each other to achieve every author's goal, a successful novel. By which I mean one that at the very least breaks even.
Over time articles will be added giving advice on many aspects of publishing, from formulating ideas, funding your project to getting a final product on your bookshelf or e-reader. These articles I'm hoping will be written by members for members.
As with any forum there are rules. I'll keep them as simple as possible.
- The website is free to use and join. I will not charge for membership or for accessing any of the shared resources. Not now, not ever.
- Advertising on the website may be bought by contacting myself. However as a general rule adverts for crowd funding will be free of charge. Feel free to make a donation on the main page if you meet your target.
- Donations to the site are welcome. While I don't have hosting costs to worry about I do need to eat, pay the mortgage and heat the house.
- I hold no claim to the uptime of this website. While as a general rule it should be stable I reserve the right to take it offline for emergency repairs with no notice whatsoever. I did say it was free to use.
- Please keep profanity to a minimum.
- Harassment of other members will NOT be tolerated for any reason.
- Please keep comments about other companies factual.
That's about it. Enjoy the website and join in.